KILIMANJARO FULL MOON
KILI FULL MOON
Importance of full moon dates
Summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro on a cloudless evening is without a doubt an unforgettable experience. Now imagine seeing the glaciers glitter in the moonlight of a full moon – absolutely stunning.
The majority of a Kilimanjaro climb takes place during the day and it is only the summit attempt that starts before midnight in order to reach the summit at sunrise. A summit attempt done during a full moon could make the evening climb easier, since you might not need to switch on your head lamp in the bright moonlight.
Planning a trek up Mt. Kilimanjaro to coincide with the full moon dates detailed below, could further enhance the whole experience, as the bright moonlight would provide spectacular views of Kibo from most of the overnight camps.
Kindly note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided in any of the above Full Moon tables. Although every effort is made to achieve accuracy in these moon calendars, users may use these dates strictly at own risk and are therefore strongly advised to confirm the accuracy of the details at own arrangement, before traveling.
Overnight at Park View hotel-Moshi
Single accommodations: $90/night
Personal Porter: $100 for 7days
Dates & Prices
$1,900 solo climber
Not included in price:
- International Flights/Visa
- Tips to porters and guides (Customary and much appreciated)
- Meals other than breakfast while in Moshi hotel
Items considered to be non-essential, such as alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, snacks, etc
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Personal gear like Sleeping bags, hiking boots, head touch etc (Can be rented in Moshi)
- Tipping on Kilimanjaro from the trekking group (not per climber):
- Guides: $20/day/guide
- Cook: $15/day
- Porter: $15/day/porter
N/B: Our Guides, cooks and Porters are always satisfied with your thanks giving (tip) you have and not beyond your ability.
Kilimanjaro price Includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Moshi, one night prior to start date and the last day of trek, room sharing (twin bed) BED & BREAKFAST ONLY
- Arrival and Departure Airport transfers
- Highly experienced, Professional mountain guides and porters
- Quality 4 season camping equipment – Sleeping Tents/Mess tents, tables and chairs
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- Private Toilet tent
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food, 3 times per day
- Clean, purified drinking water, the first day of climb
- Crisis management and safety proceduresPulse Oximeters/Oxygen tanks (Included in Mid-Tier service)
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Moshi Town guide, we are not suggest to walk alone, walking in group in town is more safe all the time
- Town tour escort with guide
Can’t find a date that works for you? Call us to set up a private trek!
Some things do help like
- Drink loads of water 1litter for 1000m
- Go slow (pole pole)
- Take a longer route and don’t go direct
- Rest and stay warm (especially on summit morning)
- Keep nourished everyday.
- But mostly listen to your guides